Astroword 2021, authorities reveal more details about the tragedy

Sharing is caring!

Eight people died and dozens were injured during the outdoor concert at rapper Travis Scott’s Astroword festival in Houston. The rapper was performing when the crowd began to compress towards the front of the stage , causing panic. The cause of the eight deaths has not yet been determined and investigations are continuing at the level of all the authorities concerned by the tragedy. Recently, the latter published a report on the positioning of victims who lost their lives so that the international community is better informed.

7 of the 10 Astroworld festival participants who died were in the same area

According to a report released this week by the Washington Post, it would appear that seven of the ten people who died at the Astroworld festival this month in Houston, Texas were in the same small, enclosed space of the crowd.

The Post investigated the fatal mob move that left people dead and injured at the Astroworld festival, and found that the majority of those who lost their lives were in the same crowded area. Upon closely examining videos of the disaster, as well as eyewitness accounts, it appears that at least seven of the deceased participants were in the southern quadrant, and were surrounded by metal barriers on three sides. It was this part of the crowd that was hit hardest by the surge rushing to the stage. Crowd experts at Carnegie Mellon University demonstrated that there was only about 1.85 square feet of space for each person, noting that the pressure caused people to collapse .

In some videos, the victim Rodolfo Peña, 23, can be seen fighting to find more space for him. In addition, it was also revealed that just sixteen minutes after the start of the concert, a video showing a pile of unconscious bodies lying in the southern quadrant, including Axel Acosta, 21, Jacob Jurinek, 21, and Franco Patino. , 21, was already online.

More details and numbers are starting to emerge

Authorities provided a somewhat more detailed picture of that night’s events, but warned it would take weeks, if not more, to determine what exactly happened. Of the eight people reported dead, one was 14, two were 16, two were 23, one was 27, and one person’s age remains unknown.

Authorities previously said cardiopulmonary resuscitation must have been performed on several people. At around 9:38 p.m., 17 people at the event were transferred to hospitals and 11 of them suffered cardiac arrest, according to Houston Fire Chief Sam Peña. Police made 25 arrests Friday night, according to Houston police chief Troy Finner, and the vast majority of them were trespassing.

Finner also touched on rumors of drug use at the concert, including what he described as a “story” of someone injecting people with drugs . He said a member of the medical staff told investigators that a security guard lost consciousness after feeling a “prick in the neck” . The agent, whom investigators have not yet interviewed, was reportedly revived after being given Narcan, and indeed had a sting in his neck matching the mark of an injection, Finner said.

Responding to a reporter’s question, Finner then said there had been numerous instances of Narcan being administered, but declined to give further details. However, officials at the meeting cautioned against rumors and unconfirmed information being spread on social media and asked anyone with information to contact them. They said the investigation would involve the police department’s homicide and narcotics divisions.

Leave a Comment