Tupac Shakur suffered an assault and robbery 27 years ago

Sharing is caring!

Tupac Shakur is an atypical rapper whose story has greatly impacted Hip-hop culture. He was at the origin of several upheavals but also suffered blows of fate. On November 30, 1994, he met death without really leaving his skin there.

An assault that could have cost him his life

Tupac must have conducted a Thug Life on the night of November 30, 1994 in the city of Manhattan.

While he was impatient to know the verdict in his trial for sexual abuse, Tupac will be the victim of an almost fatal assault the day before the publication of the court ruling. On the famous night of November 30, 1994, Tupac and three men around him, including his manager Freddie Moore and “Stretch” Walker, enter the lobby of the Quad Recording Studios in Manhattan. They were followed without knowing it by two armed men in combat gear. These attackers have cornered Tupac and his acolytes at the level of the elevator which leads to the studio.

Under the threat of their guns, Freddie Moore and his friend Randy Walker gave in to the burglars’ injunctions by handing over their assets to them, but Tupac resisted. His tenacity and his desire to do battle had forced the attackers to send Tupac five balls, including two to the head, while his manager was hit once. The attackers then leave with $ 40,000 worth of jewelry, robbing the whole gang. Walker managed to get Tupac to safety.

A judicial day after despite the incident of the day before

Transferred to Bellevue Hospital, immediately after the incident, the doctors specify that Tupac received five balls including two in the head, two in the groin and one through the arm and the thigh. He was released from the hospital, despite the reluctance of the medical staff, three hours after the surgery.

No sense of law enforcement. His condition did not prevent the court from giving its verdict. The day after his assault, in a wheelchair, he was found guilty of three counts, including indecent assault and six others innocent. On February 6, 1995, he was sentenced to one and a half and four and a half years in prison.

Suspicions and settling of scores did indeed follow

Tupac Shakur had a bad time with this incident. He later accused Sean Combs (Diddy), Andre Harrell and The Notorious BIG, who he came face to face with just after the assault. Tupac will describe the scene as very strange, reporting that none of them moved a finger to help him. He even claims that they were staring at him as if they were surprised that he was still alive. Tupac Shakur also suspects Lil ‘Cease, who called him from the 8th floor window before he was assaulted. Likewise, the legend suspects his friend and associate, Randy Walker, of being involved in the attempted murder.

A birthday present ?

It is possible that Tupac’s stay in jail allowed him to gather enough information to confirm his suspicions about his partner “Stretch”. The latter was strangely murdered a year to the day after Tupac’s assault.

He was shot several times in the back while driving his minivan by three men firing from the side of his vehicle in Queens Village. His van then struck a tree and struck a parked vehicle before turning around.

Tupac himself will be assassinated on September 13, 1996 in Las Vegas in a shooting.

Leave a Comment